Friday, September 26, 2014

LA Printer's Fair

Last year I did a post  about the LA Printers Fair at the International Printing Museum. This year, I'll be exhibiting instead of just shopping. If you're a letterpress lover or just a history buff, the museum is a must see. They've got working presses, some over 100 years old, and tons of letterpress equipment including wood type and presses for sale. The fair has not only vendors with finished printed items (I bought cards), but also sellers with supplies (I bought ink in tubes and a wood hammer for knocking my type in place) and misc cool stuff  (I purchased a vintage drawer handle from a Hamilton type cabinet). There are also demonstrations and you can try out some of the presses yourself. Who knows, you could walk away with a nice little table top press (or at least some of my cards).


You can check out the museum website here and info about the fair here. The museum is located in lovely Carson, California just south of LA. The fair is on October 4 from 9 until 4.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...