|52 weeks of Collage Part 2 Week 2|
Sunday, January 15, 2017
Week 2 is another collage on a wood panel. This one uses vintage documents and postage stamps. I am LOVING the wood panels. They are nice and square and you can wrap around the edges evenly. Some of the canvases I have purchased in the past were lumpy and uneven which made it very hard to get the corners nice.
Sunday, January 8, 2017
One of my goals for 2017 is to do another 52 weeks of collage. I purchased some birch wood panels at my local art store to try as a base for collage. They worked great! It's hard to rubber stamp on canvas because the surface is uneven but the wood is nice and flat. The wood panels can get expensive but I got these on sale. I like that if you don't have a place to hang them, the panels easily sit on a shelf since they are 1.5 inches deep.
On my first collage, I used black and gold handmade and vintage papers letting the natural wood show. The wood grain just adds another element.
|52 Weeks Part 2 - Week 1|
|Rubber stamps work really well on the wood|
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
A new card for my Etsy shop. This image was inspired by the cactus plants I have on my windowsill. I have them in ceramic pots and am trying not to kill them. The card is letterpress printed from my hand carved linoleum blocks in black and green ink.
|New in the shop|
Sunday, January 1, 2017
1. Try not to have all my stuff take over the guest room so that when guests actually come, I don't have to spend weeks cleaning it out (this one will be hard to keep).
2. Create round 2 of a Collage A Week (Another 52 Collages).
2a. Self-publish a book of my collages so when they sell, I still have a record.
2b. Use up some of my collage materials before I buy new ones.
3. Re-photograph all the product in my Etsy shop.
4. Post to my blog - as well as Instagram - a bit more often (I really was a slacker this year).
5. Find some new craft shows.
6. Organize Everything (not likely to happen).
7. Take a Shibori dying class.
8. Garden clean-up once a month, not once a year.
9. Plan a trip.
10. Finish the projects I have started before moving on to something new.
11. Keep my drafting table clean (really a horrendous mess right now).
12. Don't stress out if none of the above gets done.
Friday, December 23, 2016
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Sunday, October 30, 2016
I had a wonderful day today at the Pottery Barn Pop Up Shop. It was a great location and I was surrounded by lovely Pottery Barn holiday items. It was a rainy day so lots of people were out and about the Oaks Mall in Thousand Oaks, CA. I was set up on a buffet that I would have loved to take home if it had fit in my trunk.