Saturday, June 27, 2020

Collecting

I collect lots of miscellaneous stuff, including vintage textiles. Below are a few of my favorites.


The piece in the background was purchased in Vietnam. The small bag in the top left is a Banjara piece from India with cowrie shells decorating the corners. The bag in the center is Lakai embroidery (the opposite side has different embroidery) from central Asia -probably Uzbekistan. The small bag in the top right belonged to my grandmother and I believe is from Greece. My grandmother travelled all over the world and growing up, we had a costume chest filled with embroidered shawls from Spain, fabric from the Mideast, a traditional Portuguese vest and apron, and much more. My sister now has the chest, but I got most of the textiles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...