Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Snow King

Every once in a while, I see something online that I fall in love with. This book is one such item. I kept searching Ebay and one day, there it was. With my name on it. And the price was right. The stars were aligned.

The book was printed in Ploland in 1968 and I have no idea what the story is other than it involves a King, a princess (?) , a polar bear, birds and a scarecrow. I believe the name is The Tale of the Snow King (or The Ballad of the Snow King), written by Tadeusz Kubiak and illustrated by Zbigniew Rychlicki The illustrations are frosty and perfect for the holiday season.

front cover


Back Cover

1 comment:

Lara said...

The story has been translated into English and reprinted in A Treasury of Wintertime Tales published in 2014 by Taschen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...