Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Gift

A few years ago, I saw on Ebay a really cool vintage lamp made using wood letterpress type blocks. It was way too expensive for me to bid on but I've thought about this lamp for a long time.

As seen on Ebay
My husband like projects so I asked him to make me a base so that I could have my own letterpress lamp. And for Christmas this year, I received ...


a gorgeous lamp base for my type. What's really great about my lamp is that the wood type fits in the sides (it stays put thanks to some removable sticky squares) and doesn't need to be glued down so I can still use the blocks for printing. The base even rotates so I can admire it from all angles.

sides 1 & 2

sides 3 & 4
Maybe I'll get a matching one next year - hint, hint, hint...

1 comment:

Tricia said...

This is a gorgeous lamp - what a great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...