Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Jugglin' Bear & Rockin' Croc

I had promised my sister-in-law that I would make some art for my nephew's room. I had previously given a picture to my niece so I had to make good on the promise. I'm not so great at doing boy stuff though. Luckily, my nephew is only 3 and not too critical. I HAD to have the pictures done by the time I drove to Oregon for the 4th of July. I had put it off for a year and the pressure was on.

I did a dancing, juggling bear. I used mostly acrylic paint, along with some hand stamped papers and scrap booking papers I had designed a long time ago. The canvas size was 18" x 24" - bigger than the collages I usually do. I thought it came out quite well.
Jugglin' Bear
Then I got to thinking. The bear might be a little too babyish and would certainly be outgrown in a few years. Three days before I left for Oregon I decided to do a second picture. This time, a rockin' crocodile. Since I was short on time, this one was done almost entirely in acrylic paint, except for the starbursts which were done with an eraser stamp. This too was done on an 18" x 24" canvas. I finished it the evening of July 3.

My nephew seemed to like both of them. Good taste that little boy has!
Rockin' Croc

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...