Monday, March 5, 2012

Janos Kass, Part 1

I discovered the Hungarian artist Janos Kass on Kristina Klarin's blog and since then, have been searching for some of his books to buy. Janos Kass(1927-2010) was a graphic designer, artist, animated film director, printmaker, and book designer. I followed Kristina's links and saw several books on this Japanese website but with the yen-dollar exchange rate, they were a bit expensive for me. Another link led me to this Hungarian website and I ended up purchasing several children's books. The website is both in English and Hungarian with prices in Hungarian forints. You can pre-order out-of-stock books and they will answer emails in English. The following is one of the books I purchased. I have absolutely no idea what it's about but the illustrations are so cheerful.
books.

1 comment:

Ana said...

They remind me of my childhood.
Our illustrators must have been inspired by him directly or they must have taken their inspiration from the same place he did.

So joyful, so fresh, so beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...