Thursday, January 31, 2019

Spoonflower Color Challenge

The Pantone "Color of the Year" for 2019 is Living Coral. Spoonflower, the website for custom fabric, presented this week's design challenge with Coral at the core. We were given 4 specific colors (Goldenrod, Midnight Blue, Coral and Gray) and had to include all 4 with no black, white or variations of the color. I drew the circles in pen and ink, scanned them and created my design in Adobe Illustrator. My first design looked great but I had a white background and after double-checking the rules, had to do a re-design. Here's what I ended up with.

Spoonflower Color Challenge entry
The voting is now open and there are over 700 entries! I was amazed at how many awesome designs there are and how many similar design themes. You can place your vote on the Spoonflower website here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...